Subject: Trying to boot a PM7200
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Zara?= <remi_zara@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/31/2002 23:45:01
Hi,

First let me say that I know that this model is unsupported (at the=20
moment that is :-)

But since Klaus klein has been working on MPC601 support and said to me=20=

in february that it was kinda working for the RS6000, I thought it=20
could be worth to try.

So I have taken an 1.6_RC2 boot floppy and copied it to a floppy=20
(actually two different floppies to make sure I was not confronted to a=20=

bad floppy).
I patched my OF with the (patched) Apple System Disk.
I booted through serial console (using a IIci running netbsd !)

But it won't boot netbsd. I don't know if it's an OF problem, or if I'm=20=

hitting the processor not supported part.

Here are some info that might  be helpful for you to help me :-)

Message at boot:
Open Firmware, 1.0.5
To continue booting the MacOS type:
BYE<return>
To continue booting from the default boot device type:
BOOT<return>
  ok
0 > dev /openprom  ok
0 > .properties
name                    openprom
model                   Open Firmware, 1.0.5
relative-addressing

  ok
0 > printenv

little-endian?      false               false
real-mode?          false               false
auto-boot?          false               true
diag-switch?        false               false
fcode-debug?        false               false
oem-banner?         false               false
oem-logo?           false               false
use-nvramrc?        true                false
real-base           F00000              -1
real-size           100000              100000
virt-base           -1                  -1
virt-size           100000              100000
load-base           600000              4000
pci-probe-list      -1                  -1
screen-#columns     64                  64
screen-#rows        28                  28
selftest-#megs      0                   0
boot-device         /AAPL,ROM           /AAPL,ROM
boot-file
diag-device                             fd:diags
diag-file
input-device        kbd                 ttya
output-device       screen              ttya
oem-banner
oem-logo
&W E0 + ' P2 BLpatch device-end 4 + ;op 1f4 ms loop then bye ;
boot-command        boot                boot
  ok
0 > boot fd:0 DEFAULT CATCH!, code=3DFFF00300
  ok
0 > boot fd:0 CLAIM failed
  ok
0 >

It does not change anything if I reset-all between tries. The first one=20=

is always default catch! and successive ones are all CLAIM failed.

Thanks in advance for your help,

R=E9mi Zara

--
R=E9mi Zara