Subject: /etc on a separate partition
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: James Sarrett <James.Sarrett@asu.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/16/2002 00:23:46
I think I may have done something righteously stupid.  I set-up
NetBSD/macppc last night on my StarMax 3000 with few troubles, until the
initial boot.  My System booted up and complained and dropped to single
user.  Since I was expecting this to happen, I didn't pay attention to
the error message (I was expecting to see "rc.conf: not configured").  I
set up rc.conf and the system seemed happy until the next reboot, which
is where I'm at now.  Since I partitioned the disk with /usr, /var,
/etc, and /home on different disks, NetBSD complained that it had no
/etc/rc.  I was thinking that I could put a copy of the rc scripts on
the / slice, but that means I have to maintain two copies of the files.
Is thier a way to make the kernel mount all the filesystems prior to

-James