Subject: Re: akbd now supports raw mode
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Aymeric Vincent <Aymeric.Vincent@labri.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/15/2002 13:00:06
Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org> writes:

> If you read that message carefully, you will find it describes running
> both getty AND xdm. I am not talking about running xdm at all, just getty.
> While I thank you for trying to test the getty case, it sounds like you
> tested running both xdm AND getty, something we know won't work. Please
> test the getty case, but that means no xdm.

Ah, then it's OK. There is no reason whatsoever that my kernel changes
broke getty.

To make things clear: I added an ioctl that allows the keyboard to be
switched to "raw" mode and back to "translated" mode. If you don't use
that ioctl (and only the X server does if you have a standard setup),
everything behaves as usual.

Kind regards,
 Aymeric