Subject: Re: akbd now supports raw mode
To: Aymeric Vincent <Aymeric.Vincent@labri.fr>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/14/2002 11:11:50
On 14 Aug 2002, Aymeric Vincent wrote:

> After a couple of hours spent with a getty in the background, I
> experienced weird key repeat problems and sometimes the console in the
> background would take control of the keyboard.
>
> This seems to be common to other architectures too, and was discussed
> a while ago on the lists:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2000/04/03/0006.html
>
> So I would still recommend deactivating ttyE0 in /etc/ttys, and not
> using startx.

If you've really broken running getty & startx, then your changes are
broken and need to be reverted.

If you read that message carefully, you will find it describes running
both getty AND xdm. I am not talking about running xdm at all, just getty.
While I thank you for trying to test the getty case, it sounds like you
tested running both xdm AND getty, something we know won't work. Please
test the getty case, but that means no xdm.

Take care,

Bill