Subject: Re: Dual Proc
To: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/09/2002 22:22:58
On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 02:13:32PM -0500, Dave Huang wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> > The announcement was about a dual G4 box AFAIR, I have a dual 604e
> > UMAX Pulsar, as soon as I get around that damned OF 1.0.5 I'll give it
> > a try. ( tried Linux, 2.4 won't boot, 2.2 runs SMP but not really
> > fast... BeOS has had no real challenge so far )
>
> Yeah, the announcement was that SMP works on dual G4s now... dual 604
> support was added over a year ago:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2001/03/22/0042.html
> although the commit message said it wasn't stable yet. I haven't heard
> any status updates since then; maybe it's better now :)

I tried the dual 604 support shortly after it was first checked in, but
it would crash while going multi-user until I fixed it a couple weeks ago.
the code that's in -current now has survived a fairly stressful workload
on both the 604 and G4 MP systems, so we're in much better shape than before.

-Chuck