Subject: Re: Dual Proc
To: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/09/2002 14:13:32
On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> The announcement was about a dual G4 box AFAIR, I have a dual 604e
> UMAX Pulsar, as soon as I get around that damned OF 1.0.5 I'll give it
> a try. ( tried Linux, 2.4 won't boot, 2.2 runs SMP but not really
> fast... BeOS has had no real challenge so far )

Yeah, the announcement was that SMP works on dual G4s now... dual 604
support was added over a year ago:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2001/03/22/0042.html
although the commit message said it wasn't stable yet. I haven't heard
any status updates since then; maybe it's better now :)
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++