Subject: Frequent SIGILL in today's -current
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/07/2002 14:43:51
I updated my iBook to 1.6E yesterday, with a fresh update, and lots of
programs are randomly dying with SIGILL: find, make, mkdep, uname, cc,
yacc, cmp, cvs. Clean libc, ld.elf_so, and so on. It seems to happen a
bit more with my custom kernel config, but a GENERIC kernel does the
same thing.

The core dump almost always looks like:

(gdb) # gdb cmp adosfs/cmp.core
Core was generated by `cmp'.
Program terminated with signal 4, Illegal instruction.
#0  0x4181be00 in ?? ()
(gdb) x/i $pc
0x4181be00:     blrl
(gdb) p/x $lr
$1 = 0x41823224

with various values for the address (0x4182be00, 0x4181be00,
0x418abe00... I see a pattern here), always blrl as the faulting
instruction, and $lr as values like 0x41823224, 0x41813224... same
upper 16 bits as the PC, but the low bits as 3224.

Ideas?

	- Nathan