Subject: Re: Beige G3 266 Desktop Installation help needed
To: CompuDroid <droid@zoo-crew.org>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/05/2002 23:26:46
On 08/05/2002 04:45:15 PM AST CompuDroid wrote:

>yes i just tried it again to be sure:
>I zapped my PRAM
>ran system disk in os9 set it to halt at the OF prompt.
>setenv real-base F00000
>setenv load-base 640000
>boot scsi-int/sd@3:0,\OFWBOOT.XCF;1 NETBSD.MACPPC;1
>..and once again I get the DEFAULT CACHE after
>
>Someone help! I'm close to turning to the darkside... linux

I'm already on the dark side with my Beige G3, OF 2.4. (Although there
is still an empty partition reserved on it:-)

I tried to boot from floppy, cd, hd and network, trying any variation
of load-base, and always got the DEFAULT CATCH, too.

Linux also wasn't able to boot directly from OF, only the method with
BootX worked...

regards,
chris