Subject: 3ware escalade on macppc
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/31/2002 08:53:19
I'm trying to use a 3ware card under 1.6_BETA4 on a power computing
power tower pro 200... putting the following lines in my kernel
config got the board recognized, as well as the logical disk:

twe*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # 3ware Escalade RAID controllers
ld*     at twe? unit ?

I then had to mknod all the devices for ld0 in /dev, as the MAKEDEV for
macppc doesn't include them.  So, I used values out of MAKEDEV from
the i386 port. (blk=19, chr=69)

However, when I try to access it (using, say, disklabel(8)), I get:

disklabel: /dev/rld1c: Device not configured

...so it's not actually usable.

Anyone have any suggestions of something to try?  Also, if I *do* succeed
in accessing this disk, I'd very much like to be able to access the
data on it without reformatting... is this possible?  (The drive was
written under netbsd-1.6_BETA4/i386)

Thanks!

+j
--