Subject: Re: db> message after some hours (using Serial Console only)
To: Inseo Park <bubux@krpost.net>
From: Kamal Prasad <kamalpr@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/26/2002 06:07:28
--- Inseo Park <bubux@krpost.net> wrote:
> I tired NetBSD 1.6 BETA4 on my PowerMac 7300/180.
>
> but after some hours, (disconnected all terminal)
> when I tried to connect NetBSD via serial console
> I get db> prompt and I must type continue to run.
>
> What is db> ? is that kernel debug mode?
> is that a message of "sleeping mode?"

db is the kernel debugger. Im not sure why you should
enter the kernel debugger without panic'ing.
pl. try to connect the console and paste all messages
during bootup.
if its panic'ing because there is no console connected
-thats strange (if not funny).

> I want NetBSD to run as a server (DB, WEB, Samba).
> and with db> message all server are went down.
>
> How can I run NetBSD without any ttys/console
> connected?
> Because, sometimes PC connected with serial line
> must be shut down, with other workstation running.
>
> What log file should I examine?
# dmesg |more

bubux@macbsd:/usr/src/sys/arch/macppc/compile/MACBSD_GEN