Subject: Re: DEC hardware question
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/20/2002 20:46:32
On 19 Jul, Chris Rupnik wrote:

[MI issues / DEFPA on mac-ppc]
> http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=13566
[from the PR]
Using a DEFPA card on macppc causes the entire system to hang.
I can reproduce at will. Interestingly, if I ping from the fpa
to a non existant host on the same subnet, I do get the 'host
is down' reply. Its only when a packet is RECEIVED that the
entire system hangs.

Aua! This is "not nice". (Like fsck(8) on NetBSD-VAX, that liks to
core-dump with an SIGILL. My Exabyte is my friend...)
I am on the way to install a 3COM OEM version of the DEFPA in my PREP
machine (43P-100). This is PPC but not Mac. Perhaps we will see if this
is more related to the PCI bus handling or fpa(4).
--

tschuess,
          Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz