Subject: Floopy-boot a productive system (in other terms: Is it possible to change the /-device after booting off a floopy disk ?)
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: Mark Anton <anton@ilg.uni-stuttgart.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/18/2002 15:05:42
Hello Gurus,

I have a 266-MHz-PowerMacintosh G 3 which I would like to use under NetBSD/macppc.Since I have tried all the tips and tricks from the various Port sources,
I would like to know, whether it is possible to put a kernel with hard-coded
/-device on a floppy and access the device after it has been initially
made accessible via the kernel on the floppy.
This means, that after booting the kernel off the floppy disk, there should not
the virtual memory filesystem be mounted as /, but /dev/wd0a, which is a part
of a "whole-disk"-partition scheme

Any opinion/advice etc. on this is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Mark Anton