Subject: Re: Machine thinks it's 1934 - anyone know a good course of action?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/11/2002 12:10:41
--yQbNiKLmgenwUfTN

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:12:37AM -0400, David W. Rankin Jr. wrote:
> I've got a 7500 (1.5.2 userland, 1.5.3 kernel) that thinks today is Sat
> Jun 23 1934.

Replace your clock battery. (This is the hardware clock that's
broken, not the OS one.) You can get the right part at any decent
computer store or even RadioShack, really. (Should be a A battery,
but don't quote me on that; just shut the machine down, pop out
what's there, and take it with you.)

> I've tried zapping the NVRAM, but that didn't help. Any
> attempt to manually set the system time to 2002 also returns the 1934
> date. ntpd happily syncs to "1934" as well.

That's a bit odd. Do you have the various NTP hooks in your kernel?

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--yQbNiKLmgenwUfTN