Subject: Machine thinks it's 1934 - anyone know a good course of action?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: David W. Rankin Jr. <drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/11/2002 09:12:37
I've got a 7500 (1.5.2 userland, 1.5.3 kernel) that thinks today is Sat
Jun 23 1934. I've tried zapping the NVRAM, but that didn't help. Any
attempt to manually set the system time to 2002 also returns the 1934
date. ntpd happily syncs to "1934" as well.  Considering that this
machine is running a tar'ed copy of another 7500's OS installation
that knows the time correctly, I can't just point to a bad installation.

Other than compiling a kernel with an obscenely high rtc_offset value, can
anyone suggest a course of action to persue here?

Thanks,
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr.     Christian, Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
   ".... As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15