Subject: Re: Mac or PC for IP gateway?/Mac or PC for Samba?
To: Gary Montcalm <garym@shreve.net>
From: Kamal Prasad <kamalpr@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/08/2002 08:53:34
looks like your equipment is destined for the museum.
mac OS/X features many of the unix daemons under the
GUI. so, you have the choice of netbsd and mac os/x.
IMO, anything (I mean Intel PII) that is not RISC
based does not scale well under heavy load.
but all the same, it costs more to buy a macppc than
an intel box.
regards
-kamal