Subject: Re: need model info updates/testers
To: None <michael@nosflow.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/07/2002 15:34:07
Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com> writes:

> Now that a lot of the bugs with the newer G4 models have been shaken out,
> I'd just like to get a summary of which ones work with 1.6_BETA so they can
> go into the INSTALL notes.

The iBook (dual USB) from summer 2001 still works fine, with the 7/6
autobuilt GENERIC_MD kernel. I've been running recent -current on it
all year, and nothing has broken recently, so I'd be surprised if it
had problems.

I do note that we seem to be defaulting to the 'gm' driver in the
macppc kernels rather than the 'gem' driver. It's probably too late to
change this for 1.6, but we should do it in -current.

        - Nathan