Subject: Re: eMac
To: Josh Elsasser <jre@vineyard.net>
From: grant beattie <grant@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/06/2002 17:09:09
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 02:22:14AM -0400, Josh Elsasser wrote:

> trap type 200 at 3001a0
> Press a key to panic.
> panic: trap
> Stopped in pid 0  ()  at      0x30f9e4:      lwz      r0,  r1,  0x14
> db>
>
> and at the bottom of the screen in a small font is this:
>
> method <`usb-kbd-ihandles> not found; ihandle=ffbc8540 phandle=ff933938
>
> The keyboard does not work, so I am not able to type anything useful
> into the debugger.
>
> Has anyone else tried to boot NetBSD on an eMac, or I am the first?
> Does anyone know something else I can try, other than waiting for one
> of the hackers to get an eMac?

You may well be the first, but all is not lost. It's possible that the
hardware differences are similar to that on the newer G4 powerbook
models.

Matt Thomas has recently committed some changes which fixes the
problems I was having on the powerbook, one of which was the problem
you describe on the eMac. The laptop keyboard and USB keyboard both
work fine, too.

Can you try using the snapshot I just uploaded and post the results?

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/snapshot/20020706-1.6D/

grant.