Subject: eMac
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Josh Elsasser <jre@vineyard.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/03/2002 02:22:14
The model support page lists the eMac as untested, so I suppose it's
not suprising that NetBSD won't boot on it.

I optimistically tried the NetBSD 1.5.2 ofwboot.xcf and netbsd.ram.gz,
which seems to start to load the kernel and then reboot to quickly for
me to read anything.

With the -current daily snapshot from July 1, I attempt to boot
netbsd-GENERIC.gz and get this message (hand-typed):

trap type 200 at 3001a0
Press a key to panic.
panic: trap
Stopped in pid 0  ()  at      0x30f9e4:      lwz      r0,  r1,  0x14
db>

and at the bottom of the screen in a small font is this:

method <`usb-kbd-ihandles> not found; ihandle=ffbc8540 phandle=ff933938

The keyboard does not work, so I am not able to type anything useful
into the debugger.

Has anyone else tried to boot NetBSD on an eMac, or I am the first?
Does anyone know something else I can try, other than waiting for one
of the hackers to get an eMac?

 -jre