Subject: Re: post install boot problem : boot-device ?
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/30/2002 10:09:42
Henry-

Thanks for the assistance.  With your help, I got things
working.  More details included below.

--- "Henry B. Hotz" <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> At 8:29 PM -0700 6/27/02, Russell McManus wrote:
> >I've carefully read through the install notes, and I've made it
> >all the way throught the installation of NetBSD 1.5.2 to my
> >Powermac 7300 on an internal scsi disk, using the macppc iso
> >cdrom image.
> >
> >Everything seemed to work fine, partioned the disks, installed
> >sets, created device files, root passwd, etc.
>
> Did you partition the disk with our install program or with an Apple
> utility?

I partitioned the disk with sysinst, from the NetBSD install CD.

> If the former then you should be able to boot with
>
> boot scsi-int/sd@0:0,ofwboot.xcf netbsd

This is good advice, except for capitalization.  This worked for me:

boot scsi-int/sd@0:0,OFWBOOT.XCF NETBSD

I should have tried this earlier, given that I used this command
to do the original install (as I mentioned in my original email):

boot scsi-int/sd@3:0,OFWBOOT.XCF NETBSD.MACPPC

When I did the install it was pretty late at night, and I guess
my brain was operating at <100%.

Once again, thanks for setting me back on the right path.

-russ