Subject: cannot boot -current, any help appreciated
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Maarten L. Hekkelman <maarten@hekkelman.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/26/2002 19:19:47
I have an iBook with MacOS, LinuxPPC and now NetBSD. It was a
challenge to get this working since NetBSD's installer doesn't like it
when there are already Linux partitions on the disk. No way to select
the right partition to use. So I did all the work by hand and got
1.5.2 running.

Upgraded to 1.5.3 the normal way, went perfect.

Then I wanted to upgrade the kernel to -current to be able to use the
airport. Tried several configurations but didn't succeed, even a plain
vanilla GENERIC. This was with the code from 20020426

I need to boot from device wd0g since wd0a contains Linux. But in the
new kernel I get the error:

no file system for wd0 (dev 0xa06)
cannot mount root, error = 79

Strange, since with 1.5.2 and 1.5.3_RC2 there is no problem.

Any ideas? Anything I can do to find out the problem?

--
Best regards,
 Maarten                          mailto:maarten@hekkelman.com