Subject: Re: Booting a 4400 and 800x600 monitors
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Marco van de Voort <marcov@dragon.stack.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/20/2002 23:10:05
> At 12:14 AM +0200 6/20/02, you wrote:
>
> :)It is just a hunch, and I don't have a large array of 800x600 and other
> :)monitors to verify it, but it seemed important enough to me to report.
>
> Actually it's more likely that Open Firmware ignores the settings on your
> DB15 to VGA adapter and uses the most recent mode setting.  In any case,
> it's a good point and I'll put it in the docs.

Possible too, indeed. The 800x600 monitor in question is also quite old, and
the other one is PNP, and newer.

> :)P.s. I'm still at that Open firmware prompt btw, wondering about what to do
> :):_)
>
> Still need help here?

Yes :-)
I'm still at that OF 2.0.2 prompt :_)

Tried the various boot options, but can't seem to get it to boot the CD.
(got the ISO from the main site, burned it with Nero)

Will try to go the floppy way now.

Also, I didn't see much about partitioning. Do I have to partition it using
Apple software _before_ I boot to NetBSD, like on my IIci?