Subject: Re: 20020313+0314 time warp version works on kbd/screen
To: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/18/2002 16:25:55

--0-1830741657-1024442755=:19014

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> Oh, I think I found the problem with patch (2). I'll send out a 2' in a
> seperate message.

Ok, I found one problem with the call to cpu_probe_cache(). While it was
setting the cache line size right (to 32), it was NOT setting the page
size right; it was setting it to uvmexp.pagesize, which was not
necessarily initialized at that point, so the old patch (2) wasn't
necessarily turning the caching code on.

Please try this patch 2a.

Take care,

Bill

--0-1830741657-1024442755=:19014
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--0-1830741657-1024442755=:19014--