Subject: Re: MBR partitioning
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/14/2002 07:25:27
>> 	from my understanding, openbsd ofwboot (in DOS partition) loads
>> 	openbsd kenrel from openbsd partition (FDISK partition 1, a partition).
>> 	so there should be no need for libsa/dosfs.c to do any tricks.
>Then we should add MBR support on our ofwboot.
>(It seems there are some functions for MBR in ofwboot/ofdev.c,
> but I'm not sure if it actually works..)

	took some diff between OpenBSD and NetBSD sys/arch/macppc/stand,
	and found that this is the most significant difference.

	http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/arch/powerpc/stand/Attic/ofdev.c.diff?r1=1.7&r2=1.8&hideattic=0

itojun
CAVEAT: i'm very novice to *BSD/macppc, so pleare bare with me...

---
Revision 1.8 / (download) - annotate - [select for diffs] , Wed Mar 14 08:11:25
2001 UTC (15 months ago) by drahn
Branch: MAIN
CVS Tags: OPENBSD_2_9_BASE, OPENBSD_2_9
Changes since 1.7: +76 -2 lines
Diff to previous 1.7 (colored)
Allow bootloader to read MacOS(DPME) partition tables, find OpenBSD
type table, load OpenBSD disklabel from there, and load a kernel out
of the OpenBSD root partition.
ofwboot must be located in the root of the first HFS(+) partition of the disk.