Subject: Re: compatibility of new iBook
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Ian Piumarta <ian.piumarta@inria.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/13/2002 06:42:34
On 13 Jun 2002, Nathan J. Williams wrote:

>    I have a set of kluge patches to report whether AC power is
>    connected and the battery status, but haven't committed them,
>    because Fn-F1 causing a kernel printf is a pretty lousy
>    interface...

A few months back I wrote the driver for the APM emulation device plus the
necessary stuff for it to read what it needs out of the PMU.  This was all
against 1.5ZC (NFS wasn't working reliably for me in -current) but if you
want the patches I could dig them out.  Of course, if the new iBook hasn't
got a PMU then this won't help you much.

(I was intending to post them ages ago but some weirdness in TCP forced me
back to Linux before I got round to it.)

Regards,

Ian