Subject: Stays after start=0x10000 (Re: powermac 4400 can't boot anymore with 1.6 branch!)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/12/2002 08:21:11
May be totally out of topic
I have several related information on this.

(1) My StarMaxen with 603ev won't have any problem for these months.

* 20020407-1.5ZC snapshot works fine.
* I have tried several 1.6_BETA1 from the beginning, but
  works all the time.

(2)
http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=16868
is saying

| the boot loader has loaded the kernel (after the start=0x100000,
|	the kernel copyrigth line isn't even printed).

Related this, and if this symptom is saying screen stays with
---------
>> NetBSD...

   start=0x100000
   (nothing more)
---------
my G4/400 AGP has the same situation with special case.
That is:
(1) the root partition is on wd1 NOT on wd0
(2) boot strings typed manually.

If the boot strings is set in boot-device, it works fine.
It is something like
boot-device /pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/ata-4@1f000/disk@1:10/netbsd.3
(this is not exact string, sorry).