Subject: using a USB serial adapter that shows up as ugen?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Derek Peschel <dpeschel@eskimo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/27/2002 14:06:05
Hi everybody,

I just got a BBC Master (British computer with a 65C02) and I need
some way to transfer files to it.  I would also like to set it up as a tty.

My G4 tower has only USB.  I have two USB-to-serial adapters:

    - one made by Palm (for my PalmPilot cradle), shows up as

      ugen0 at uhub3 port 3
      ugen0: Palm Computing, Inc. USB Serial Adapter, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 6

      works nicely with Mac OS

    - one made by KeySpan, shows up as

      ugen0 at uhub3 port 3
      ugen0: vendor 0x06cd product 0x0103, rev 1.00/80.01, addr 6

      never got it to work with Mac OS so I haven't had it hooked up

NetBSD also supports uftdi and uvisor but I don't where to buy those
types of hardware.  So has anyone used either of the two adapters above?

Thanks,

-- Derek