Subject: Re: few questions
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/15/2002 10:55:16
Thanks very much, I'll try that in a few minutes. The only other thing on my
mind, is that when my friend was installing the machine, and it was booting
up, going through init, etc etc, he said the console was *extremely* slow,
about one line every 3 seconds or so. The machine is a G4 350Mhz, with 512MB
of RAM, so it sounds like that shouldn't be happening. The only option I
found in GENERIC that sounded related is OFB_ENABLE_CACHE - will enabling
that option make console run better?

Thanks again,
-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII                         Sean Davis
\ / Ribbon Campaign                    aka dive