Subject: Re: unable to netboot PowerBook (FireWire) since 4.1.8 upgrade
To: NetBSD Port MacPPC <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Peter A. Eisch <peter@boku.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/08/2002 13:21:58
> Apple PowerBook3,1 4.1.8f5 BootROM built on 03/21/02 at 11:49:53
> [...]
> 0 > boot enet:,\ofwboot.xcf enet:,/netbsd
> BOOTPD/DHCP failed: SERVER is not responding can't OPEN: enet:,\ofwboot.xcf
> ok

> I'd appreciate any suggestions as to where to proceed from here.

Two nights ago I attempted with my pismo.  I couldn't find a 1.5[.*] kernel
that would load though (hangs at ADB/keyboard and I didn't try a
-current/snapshot).

My boot command was:

 boot enet:0,ofwboot.xcf enet:0,netbsd

And the boot loader would load the kernel seemingly alright.

If you get that far and find a kernel that works, please point it out...

Thanks,

peter