Subject: Which models have which default Ethernet device?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/08/2002 18:40:15
Hi!

I'm hacking up some network device driver man pages for macppc, and so
that they are a bit more informative, I'd like to know which models of
macppc have which Ethernet card built in by default, and which PHY
they use, if any.

So everyone is invited to send me a short email with their model of
macppc (like PowerBook G3 Lombard, or iMac somerandomcolor, or perhaps
the year) and the output of
	dmesg | grep -e bm[0-9] -e gm[0-9] -e mc[0-9] -e phy

If I missed any default (built-in) network devices, please tell me so,
too.

It's probably better to keep this off the mailing list, since the
information will end up in the man pages, and I don't want to cause
the list to be spammed.

Thanks!
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
When all other means of communication fail, try words.