Subject: Re: 1.5.3_RC2 swap question
To: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/04/2002 09:56:03
Joseph Sarkes wrote:

> I just managed to install the -current snapshot onto my system and after
> a short
> period of time, the root filesystem was full, andI had not put anything
> there myself.
> Very weird. I just tried to build a new kernel, with all the results
> going to /usr. I also
> haven't found what is using the space yet.

I found that cc was putting lots of scratch files in /tmp (what I
wrongly assumed was a tmpfs filesystem) and filling up root. You
may want to keep an eye on that when next you build a kernel or
package.

> Anyways, the net result is that the default sysinst 32Mb of root
> filesystem seems
>  way too small.

I agree.

--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE

One can't proceed from the informal to the formal by formal means.