Subject: USB ethernet adaptor
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: cindy <cynthiad@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/29/2002 17:57:32
Hello everyone,

I have successfully booted NetBSD on my Imac(OF 3.0).  I'm doing this mainly
because my ethernet port is down, probably from a power surge.  Everything
else on the computer works fine.

 I have the USB ethernet adaptor(Netgear EA101) recognized as device kue0.
I cannot get a response from my DHCP server (a Linksys hardware router which
I have used with Linux/Intel stuff succesfully).

It sends a DHCPDISCOVER message to 255.255.255.255, port 67, with no offers
received.  I am no DHCP/TCP expert.  I know my router address is 192.168.1.1
 My questions become:

1) Is the DHCPDISCOVER message going to the right address?  How do I
reconfigure to send the message elsewhere?

2) More basically, has anyone here succesfully used a USB-ethernet adaptor
on a macppc?

Thanks for any advice.

Cindy