Subject: Re: Yet another boot problem.
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Konrad Rieck <kr@roqe.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/29/2002 23:05:52
Thanks,

for the quick replies, maybe I need to add some more information ...

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 10:12:16PM +0200, Konrad Rieck wrote:
> Unfortunately I wasn't able to boot the system from the harddisk after
> installation. I used the entire harddisk for NetBSD that's why I have to use
> the "partition zero" boot scheme.

of course I did ...

   0 > setenv real-base F00000  ok
   0 > setenv load-base 600000  ok

I really did read the documentation ;-P

> OFW returns the following device tree:
>
>     0 > dev / ls
>     [...]
>     /pci@80000000
>       /mac-io@10
>         [...]
>         /ata0@20000
>           /disk@0,0
>         [...]
>     [...]

I am looking at the device tree of the OFW, because the aliases "ide0" and
"hd0" are missing. The only suitable alias seems to be "ata0" which is equal
to /pci/mac-io/ata0. See my previous post.

Regards,
Plasmoid

--
Konrad Rieck <kr@roqe.org> -------------- http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~rieck