Subject: Re: undefined reference to `nvramopen'
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/29/2002 12:20:53
Izumi Tsutsui writes:

> In article <3CCC1582.7000506@berklee.edu>
> lguillaume@berklee.edu wrote:
>

>>ld -N -Ttext 0x100000 -e __start -S -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
>>conf.o(.data+0x6b0): undefined reference to `nvramopen'
>>conf.o(.data+0x6b4): undefined reference to `nvramclose'
>>conf.o(.data+0x6b8): undefined reference to `nvramread'
>>conf.o(.data+0x6bc): undefined reference to `nvramwrite'
>>conf.o(.data+0x6c0): undefined reference to `nvramioctl'
>>conf.o(.data+0x6d0): undefined reference to `nvrammmap'
>>*** Error code 1
>>
>>I used "adjustkernel" (the perl script out there) to configure and then
>>just un-commented options INSECURE so I can test with XFree86.
>>

> I'm not sure what adjustkernel is, but I guess you commented out
> "nvram* at obio?" in kernel config. If so, attached diff should fix it.
>
> Allen, would you please "pull-down" this patch from netbsd-1-5 branch?
> ---
> Izumi Tsutsui
> tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp

Thank you! That patch worked well (and saved me a re-config)

adjustkernel is a perl script that edits the config file based on your
dmesg output. I found a reference to it in the NetBSD guide and it's
pretty useful, I guess. Unfortunately it did comment out the "nvram* at
obio?" and I didn't see that. It's the curse of automatically
configuring things.

Louis