Subject: Re: netbsd 1.5.3_RC2
To: Xavier HUMBERT <port-macppc@netbsd.org, xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/28/2002 17:08:12
On Sunday, April 28, 2002, at 03:49 PM, Xavier HUMBERT wrote:

> In message <BFD5D59A-5AD2-11D6-AF60-0003938BD004@tiac.net>,
> Joseph Sarkes wrote:
>
>> In small ofw font at the bottom of the display as a single line  (Note,
>> this line is partially
>> trashed and merged into the graphic larger type on previous
>> attempts.) :
>
> You may type `erase-screen`at ofw prompt, before typing `boot`

Problem is, this error message is from some ofw/kernel error during
boot, not prior to
the boot command

>> method <`usb-kbd-ihandle> not found;  ihandle=ffbc4b80 phandle=ff932530
>> method
>> <`adb-kbd-ihandle> not found;  ihandle=ffbc4b80 phandle=ff932530 _
>
> Mmmhhh, saw that before.  What's your machine ?

This is a new dual 1GHz G4, but my 500 MHz powerbook G4 does pretty much
the same.

> And, btw, why not try -current, instead of 1.5.x ?

I have already done that route, and found 1 of many kernels that I could
boot, and then
lost that kernel. I need a working snapshot to start from, still
searching...