Subject: Re: bug in install kernel?? no DNS resolution
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/28/2002 04:12:05
In article <3CCAE09F.8050405@mac.com>
paulbeard@mac.com wrote:

> > Didn't you try 20020407-1.5ZC snapshot? It should be.
> > (I've tested it.)
>
> well, I saw that there was 1.5.3 RC2 snapshot so I tried that: it
> seemed to go OK. The ftp process logged into ftp.netbsd.org, but

Note 20020407-1.5ZC is a snapshot of -current, and
1.5.3_RC2 is a snapshot of -release branch.
DNS resolving is now enabled in -release branch
a few days ago, though..

> then complained it couldn't find the files it wanted. in the

sysinst uses /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-{version}/macppc/binary/sets/
for the default path (where official release sets will appear)
to download sets, but usually snapshots are placed in
/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/snapshot/{date or version}/binary/sets/ ,
so you have to change ftp directory path on installation of snapshot.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp