Subject: Re: bug in install kernel?? no DNS resolution
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/27/2002 14:20:05
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> sysinst uses /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-{version}/macppc/binary/sets/
> for the default path (where official release sets will appear)
> to download sets, but usually snapshots are placed in
> /pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/snapshot/{date or version}/binary/sets/ ,
> so you have to change ftp directory path on installation of snapshot.

This is where I get to this time: as you can see, I started up
from the boot floppy for 1.5ZC, and that path won't work. Every
time I try to edit it, the install process hangs. I have reboot to
open firmware (bear in mind I have to do this on console, since
video doesn't work).

  The following is the ftp site, directory, user, and password
currently ready to use.  If "user" is "ftp", then the password is
not needed.

  host:           ftp.netbsd.org
  directory:      pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5ZC/macppc/binary/sets
  user:           ftp

Why isn''t the snapshot directory the default location on a
snapshot install?
--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE

Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.