Subject: Re: bug in install kernel?? no DNS resolution
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/27/2002 10:32:15
Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> Didn't you try 20020407-1.5ZC snapshot? It should be.
> (I've tested it.)

well, I saw that there was 1.5.3 RC2 snapshot so I tried that: it
seemed to go OK. The ftp process logged into ftp.netbsd.org, but
then complained it couldn't find the files it wanted. in the
ensuing mess (my disk had been newfs'ed and I lost the option to
upgrade when /etc/fstab got wiped out), the install kernel (on the
root disk) was gone. The floppy only has the boot.fs image from
1.5.2, so I'm back to where I started.

I'm going to try again and see if I can change the directory to
get the snapshot, rather than the release.

--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE

"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is
lightly greased."
		-- Kehlog Albran, "The Profit"