Subject: g4 cube auto-boot doesn't
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Cusack <fcusack@fcusack.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/26/2002 22:16:04
Hi,

After much effort I've gotten netbsd 1.5.2 installed on my g4 cube.  There
are two wierd OF problems, hopefully someone can point me in the right
direction.

1) OF won't pick the DVI (ADC) output unless the VGA output is also
   connected.  Anyone know how I can rig up a "plug" to fool the
   machine into thinking the VGA is connected?  Or is there an OF setting?

2) I have OF setup so that I just type 'boot' and netbsd loads.  But if
   I set 'auto-boot?' to true, I just get a blank screen.  netbsd IS
   and the keyboard lights flash.  But then netbsd gives out (no console?)
   as evidenced by unpingability and a clean filesystem on manual boot.
   'boot-command' is set to 'boot'.  FW is 4.1.9f1.

It's not sooo bad if I have to type 'boot' but I have to attach a VGA
cable every time.  argh.

thanks
/fc