Subject: 1.5.3_RC2 snapshot -- testers needed
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/26/2002 23:43:41
Hi folks,

The 1.5.3 release cycle is still in progress.  With some suggestions
from Izumi Tsutsui and others, I finally managed to get the INSTALL
kernel squeezed down enough to fit on the boot floppy without losing
valuable ethernet drivers.  I also fixed a problem with BUFPAGES
being too small to allow the kernel to load on machines with a
"large" amount of RAM.  I also added back hostname resolution to the
sysinst INSTALL image.

We are still waiting for a couple of updates before 1.5.3 is finally
ready, but I have prepared a 1.5.3_RC2 snapshot for folks to try.  If
there are any last minute problems, it would be nice to try and find/fix
them before 1.5.3 is finalized.

So!  I need testers!

If you've been lurking and thinking about installing, if you've been
waiting for 1.5.3 before you updated your old 1.3 system, or if you've
got time and system to spare, please give this snapshot a try:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/snapshot/20020426-1.5.3_RC2

Thanks,
-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...