Subject: howto on world and kernel building?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/25/2002 20:37:22
Since I am starting over on my macppc box, I decided to start
using CVS and learning more about how that all works. I have a
pristine 1.5.2 install and was trying to follow the instructions,
as far as cd'ing to /usr/src, and running make obj && make build.
Well, I get errors on that that tell me I have no tools, ie no
toolchain. So I ran build.sh, thinking it might get that going and
it seems to be doing just that. It has failed twice on missing
groups and once on a missing user (it expected to find a named
user and group and an ntpd group). I added them and restarted. I
am guessing I am on the right track, and that after all this, i
may be able to build a new kernel and world out of current or
release sources.

Is there a bonehead's guide to this stuff somewhere that I am
missing?
--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE

/earth is 98% full ... please delete anyone you can.