Subject: Re: follow-on woes
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/25/2002 08:58:22
Bill Studenmund wrote:

> At the moment, it's documented in the source. :-(
>
> In general rc.d scripts do what's needed to make the service work. Making
> made-once config files (keys, etc.) certainly fits. Especially for ssh, as
> we've added different host key types (DSA v2, RSA v2) over time.

well, knowing that -- enabling a service takes care of the
associated housekeeping -- is pretty valuable.

> Documenting all of the little twists like that would be a lot of work. :-(

agreed, but if there are some safe assumptions (see above) that
makes it easier.

--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE

"This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System.  If this had
been an actual emergency, do you really think we'd stick around to
tell you?"