Subject: Re: follow-on woes
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/24/2002 16:01:08
David Brownlee wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, paul beard wrote:
>

>>It would be nice if sshd were configured at install time, to get
>>away from the console. I found I have to make keys before it would
>>start, and there are some things I just barely remember how to do.
>

> 	You should be able to do:
>
> 	echo 'sshd=YES' >> /etc/rc.conf
> 	/etc/rc.d/sshd start

but will that make the keys? That's what hoses things up.

>>Also, ftp.netbsd.org is down for maintenance (I know it's bad
>>manners to gripe about a volunteer effort, but is this really the
>>best time of day to move the master ftp site?) so I can't install
>>pkgtools/pkg_install which means I can't install anything else. I
>>can't find the distfiles on the mirrors I have looked at, so far.
>>

> 	_any_ time of day is bad for someone in the world.
> 	pkg_install distfiles missing from mirrors is definitely bad
> 	though - can you submit a PR so this doesn't get missed?

My bad: the distfile was in pkgtools/LOCAL_PORTS/pkg_install. And
as luck would have it as soon as I got the distfile, the master
ftp site was back.

on a related note, how do I configure a different ftp site, either
on a per-install basis or permanently?

--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE