Subject: Xmacppc and control-alt keys
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Louis Guillaume <lguillaume@berklee.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/22/2002 01:07:11
Hello,

I'm running Xmacppc on a Powerbook 2400c/180 and NetBSD 1.5ZA (a
snapshot from last December)

For some reason my Control and Alt keys don't work for certain important
X11 functions. Like killing the X server. Crtl-Alt-BackSpace doesn't do
anything. So if i'm connected to a remote xdm server and I'm done, I
can't get the X server to die and am forced to reboot the unpleasant way
(Ctrl-CMD-On/Off).

Another thing I can't seem to do is start another console session so
that I can run X on a second display. Usually I'd do Ctrl-Alt-F1 for
then next ttyEx session available. There aren't any complaints or

I know the Control and Alt keys are mapped properly. Using xev I can see
that the keymap knows those keys to be set at the appropriate values.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Louis