Subject: Re: A challenge for the list
To: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/19/2002 14:45:55
On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 01:30:52PM -0500, Donald Lee wrote:
> The flow control on ttya is unknown.

Do you have 'local' in your line for that port in /etc/ttys?
You should be able to determine what NetBSD thinks of the flow control
with 'stty -a' after logging in.

There are definitely some bugs in the serial code.  I've seen my
serial console lock up when there's "too much" output (whatever
that means).  So I've learned to not use the box from the console
unless I need to.  It's been on my list for a LONG time to see if
I can figure out what's wrong and fix it.  I don't think I've seen
the mac68k serial console do this, and it's using the same serial
chip and pretty much the same driver...

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...