Subject: Re: A challenge for the list
To: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/19/2002 15:58:32
On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 06:39:46AM -0500, Donald Lee wrote:
> Wouldn't that have been nice!
>
> No, it wasn't ^S on the console.  That would have kept me off the console,
> but would not have explained the hung su procs.

It would, I've already run into this: all things that use syslog hang writing
to syslogd, because syslogd is hung trying to write on the console.
Once all buffers are filled in you run in this situation (and then
others things start hanging - bind for example).

If it was not a ^S on the console maybe it was a hardware flow control
issue ?