Subject: Re: PB2400 XFree86 16bpp
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <martijnb@stack.nl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/12/2002 14:36:31
Luis Guillaume wrote:
> When trying to compile the XFree86 4.2 sources I got some compile failures
> and the thing just didn't work at all. Unfortunately I've lost the failure
> messages, but I still have the installation logs with the errors on them.
> The compile failures all had to do with "compile.h", I believe (would have
> to look it up if anyone is interested.)

Did you use the XFree86 source in the NetBSD 'xsrc' package? There's a patch
in the macppc section of the netbsd ftp site which you'll probably need
to apply afterwards.

After applying that patch, please see

xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bus/macppcPci.c

You will need to change it (in ppcPciInit), as it is currently hard-wired to
use the UniNorth PCI bridge - while you will probably need the Bandit one.

--
    Martijn van Buul -  Pino@dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
	 Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333