Subject: Re: Firmware 4.2.9 on TiBook
To: Andrew Cagney <cagney@mac.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/07/2002 23:01:53
At 11:23 AM -0400 4/7/02, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>>I just downloaded the 4.2.9 firmware updater for the TiBook.  I
>>figure since I'm screwed with the 4.1.8 version that came on the
>>beast new that I've got nothing to loose and it might even fix some
>>of the problems the modem has.
>>
>>Anyone else have anything to report on this update?
>
>Only the fine print: for >=550mhz G4 Ti and higher.  A current
>kernel works with 4.1.8.

Hmmm.  My new TiBook/667 seems to have come with the 4.2.9 update
already installed.  (It's possible that the supplier installed it.)
The question is moot.

In any case I already knew it doesn't work with the latest snapshot
on the FTP site (Nov or Dec of last year).  I just didn't know I
already had 4.2.9 installed.  I'm willing to test kernels if people
want to build them.

Hmmm.  Maybe I should post better details on how it doesn't work.  It
wasn't entirely consistent on where it failed.