Subject: Re: FYI : macppc-1.5ZC snapshot
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/05/2002 20:43:27
In message <20020405172521.GB1914@peko.adc.rmit.edu.au>,
Charlie Allom wrote:

>I just installed this tonight. I found the boot.fs image didn't make
>/dev (it just hung before) and never got into sysinst.

It worked on a 8500, but not on a 9600 (the 1.5ZA boot.fs on
ftp.netbsd.org works fine with these sets, anywway). Something's wronk
with this kernel, definitely.

Won't boot either via BootP on netbsd.install.gz (ungzipped)

I commented out everythink related to USB, and, as a consequence, the
"ohci" entry. Perhaps the problem is here ?

BTW, [who is responsible for the distribution stuff], don't you think
it's time to split the install fs into two disks, just as it is for a
while on i386 ?

Almost every kernel update breaks the "fit in a floppy" rule ...

Now that my fast G4/400 9600 is again up and running, I can build weekly
snapshots.

And with X, if I can figure out how to "make ditribution"

--
Xav
http://www.freetibet.org