Subject: Re: FYI : macppc-1.5ZC snapshot
To: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/04/2002 15:44:33
* Xavier HUMBERT (xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org) wrote:

> !! CAUTION !! In order to keep the INSTALL kernel small enought to fit on
> a floppy, I'v stripped all the USB stuff !
>
> For ADB Macs only at
> <http://xavier.humbert.free.fr/NetBSD/20020402-1.5ZC.iso>
> Checksums : <http://xavier.humbert.free.fr/NetBSD/CKSUM>
> <http://xavier.humbert.free.fr/NetBSD/BSDSUM>

What about USB macs then? (iMac, G3, G4 etc..). Better make it blatantly
obvious at the snapshot-site that the INSTALL kernel won't support USB,
or you might get smited with user type questions :)

Oh.. can't most macs boot from CD-ROM, btw? Maybe we should look in
getting the NetBSD install cd bootable by holding 'c' during the boing?

Cheers,
Emiel
--
"For three days after death hair and fingernails continue to grow but
phone calls taper off."