Subject: 4400 won't boot
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/02/2002 12:44:49
Hi,
I've a problem booting my powermac 4400/160. First I've never been
able to boot a custom kernel, I always had to use the GENERIC config file.
Any kernel other than GENERIC would hang when the boot loader transfers to
the kernel (the kernel doesn't print anything).
Now I tried to update it again after a long idle time (it's running a build
of august). The 1.5ZA GENERIC kernel from the 20011221-1.5ZA snapshot boots
fine; however a just built 1.5ZC GENERIC fails in the same way my custom
kernels did before.

Any idea of what can be wrong ? It's a machine with 16M RAM, IDE at obio disk,
2.0.2 openfirware and I'm using the ofwboot from the 1.5ZA snapshot.

I also tried Izumi's pmap.c patch he posted to port-macppc 2 days ago, but
it didn't help.